• Friday 8 December 2017, 14h (2pm)
• Duration: around 2'5 hours
• Meeting point: Bears Bar. Map here
• LGBT local English speaking guide
• Limited Spots
• BOOKING REQUIRED (FREE)
Tour Overview: Travel through the vibrant gay history of one of the most accepting cities in the world. Greece, the moorish times to the dark ages. The tortures of the inquisition or the time of the Habsburg and Bourbon dynasty. Learn about some of the pioneers of the gay rights movement in Spain. Or La Movida & its after effects. Gays during the Franco dictatorship and our centuries long journey to arrive here. Discover how this catholic country approved gay marriage. Gay history. Our history.
Please read all details below
Warning: Last items in stock!
• Is it really free? Yes! Our guide will work on a tips-only basis, thereby guaranteeing that you receive a tour of the highest quality. That simple: tip the guide if you enjoyed the tour.
• Why do i have to register to book? Tours4bears is proud to offer this free exclusive Madrid LGBT History Tour to all MadBear visitors. All we ask in return is to register so we have a better control of the spaces we have. If you wish we can also add you to our mailing list.
• Can i book for me and my husband or friends? Yes, just add them to same order.
• Walking Tour Itinerary: - Plaza Mayor: Brief review of Greece, Rome and Islam until reaching the Middle Ages. - Plaza de la Villa: Austrias and the Spanish Inquisition: Crime of sodomy. - Plaza Opera: Bourbons: Francisco de Asis and homosexuality in the nineteenth century. - Puerta del Sol: First years XX century. - Plaza Santa Ana: LGBT culture in the 20s and 30s: Lorca and Dali. - Casino de Madrid: Madrid and the Francoism 1939 - Telefonica building: “Lazy and crooks” law. Penalties and history of crimes. - Plaza San Ildefonso: la Movida, Birth of the chueca neighborhood: Past and present. - Plaza Chueca: The achievements of the LGBT movement. End of the tour
• Enrique, our guide (pictured above): Born and raised Madrileño, a curious food loving post grad extrovert who loves to travel. He has been to over 20 countries and still wants to see more. After getting his University degree in Spain he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his masters degree but missing his home town he came back after finishing the masters.
• Booking conditions: Participation in tours promoted by Tours4Bears/Sandeman New Europe is strictly on a voluntary basis. Neither Tours4Bears/Sandeman New Europe, nor the self-employed freelance guides who are the providers of the tours promoted by Tours4Bears/Sandeman New Europe, will be held responsible in any way for injuries to body or property incurred during tours. The tour guides reserve the right to deny participation in any tour, to any person, for any reason. Thank you for your understanding.